The natural beauty and abundant adventure of Patrick County come to a peak every Autumn with the change of the leaves throughout our Blue Ridge Mountains and valleys. Take the road less traveled and explore the twisting backroads going up and down the mountain.
Come explore beyond your own backyard this Fall in Patrick County, VA.
- Watch the weather
- Take your time
- Travel through multiple elevations
- Call (800)424-LOVE for foliage reports
- Just visit one location
- Just stay at the highest elevations
- Go without checking foliage reports
Fun on the Farm
Levering Orchard: This 112-year-old, family-owned orchard offers many different types of fruit throughout the year.
Windy Hill Orchard: Windy Hill is a family-owned orchard that has been open for over 100 years.
Dawson’s Orchard: Dawson’s is a pick-your-own orchard that grows cherries, peaches, and apples.
The Doe Run Sunflower Maze: usually open September-November
The Patrick County Agricultural Fair: usually takes place in December
The Annual Laurel Hill Civil War Encampment: First weekend of October
The Apple Dumpling Festival: usually takes place in mid-October
The Woolwine October Fest: usually takes place in mid-October
PCMA Bluegrass Concerts: Monthly free bluegrass concerts
Spooktacular: a family-friendly event held each Halloween in Stuart
- Ride the mountain biking trails at I.C. Dehart Park
- Visit Levering Orchard, Windy Hill Orchard, or Dawson’s Orchard for apple picking.
- Hike in Rock Castel Gorge
- Spend the day leaf-peeping on the Blue Ridge Parkway
- Explore the sunflower maze at Doe Run Farm
- Grab a cup of coffee at Primitive Coffee, Crossroads Cafe, or Stagecoach Coffee